How To Get To Lopez Island
The resort is located on Fisherman Bay, on the west side of Lopez Island, in the center of the beautiful San Juan Islands.
- Take the ferry from Anacortes - drive on, ride your bike or walk*
- Come by boat and moor at our resorts marina
- Fly by plane- Kenmore Air flies right into our marina
People come to Lopez Island in three main ways:
Getting here is fun! Your choices are to take the ferry (you can walk on or drive), come by boat or fly (take a seaplane from Seattle direct to the Islander dock in Fisherman Bay, or land at the Lopez Island Airport). This page will help you on your journey to Lopez Island.
Free Parking above the Anacortes ferry landing:
- Call ahead on your day of travel and let the Islander desk know your time of arrival (360-468-2233)
- Look for the Lopez Islander Resort parking lot sign above the Anacortes ferry terminal. The lot will be on your right at the top of the hill next to Billy Rays. Park your car and please fill out an enveople with your reservation name and stay dates and put in the drop box.
- Walk on the ferry: 45 minute ferry ride
- The Lopez Islander shuttle will pick you up at the ferry landing when you arrive
- The Lopez Islander Resort is the only hospitality destination in the San Juan's that offers lodging guests free parking in our private 150 car parking lot above the Anacortes ferry terminal. Consider leaving your car behind and walking on the ferry, you will save your valuable time and the ferry cost for your car.
Come by ferry
Just 45 minutes from Anacortes on the Washington State Ferries, Lopez Island is the first ferry stop into the San Juans. The tranquility of the ferry is a prelude to what you can expect of the island. The beauty and the friendly island feeling are what keep visitors coming back year after year.
To get to the San Juan Island ferry terminal, visitors can take Interstate 5 to the Burlington (230) exit. Turn west on Highway 20 until you reach Anacortes. Follow the signs to the ferry landing. In the summer be sure that you arrive at least 2 hours early to make sure that you catch the ferry you had in mind.
For an up to date ferry schedule and to make a reservation (highly recommended), call 1-800-84-FERRY or check out the ferry schedule online right now. You can also get current fares on-line.
Come by Car
If you choose to take the relaxing drive to Lopez Island here are the directions from Seattle; approximate travel time: 2 hours 15 mins to the Anacortes Ferry.
Maps of our location
- Take the I-5 NORTH exit towards VANCOUVER B.C.. 0.6
- Merge onto I-5 N. 46.9
- Take the WA-20 exit 0.5
- Turn LEFT onto RIO VISTA AVE. 0.0
- Stay straight to go onto WA-20. 11.7
- WA-20 becomes WA-20 SPUR W. 7.8
- WA-20 SPUR W becomes ANACORTES SAN JUAN ISLANDS SIDNEY FERRY.
- Coming off the ferry on Lopez Island - turn SLIGHT LEFT onto FERRY RD. 2.1
- Turn RIGHT onto FISHERMAN BAY RD. 3.0 until you get to the resort
Come by Plane
If you don't have a lot of time to spend while visiting the island, the fastest way get here is by air. Flying to Lopez by seaplane is a breeze. It's fast, fun, scenic...and economical. Plus they fly right to our resorts marina!
There are daily scheduled flights between two Seattle terminals and Lopez Islander on beautiful Fisherman Bay.
Click the link below the logo for reservations
Flying in to the Lopez Island Airport
You will find current available information for Lopez Island Airport here on the WSDOT web site
Live airport tracker - track all incoming and outgoing flights to the Lopez Island airport at Flight Aware
Here is the schedule and fares for San Juan Airlines:
Read about the airport on Wikipedia
* for walk ons, call ahead (360-468-2233), make a reservation, and we will meet you at the ferry and taxi you to and from the resort
Below are some maps if you are coming from Seattle or Vancouver, BC